Distinguished Engineering Alumni Medal
Each year the Distinguished Engineering Alumni Medal recognizes alumni whose professional and personal achievements bring special honor to the College of Engineering.
Recipients are UC Davis engineering graduates with fifteen or more years of professional experience, have a record of outstanding professional or technical achievement, have rendered distinguished service to the College of Engineering, the engineering profession or the community, and have contributed in a significant way to enhancing the reputation of UC Davis.
College Expands the Scope of the Engineering Medal
In 2009, an alumni and faculty committee advising the dean recommended expanding the alumni awards to UC Davis engineering graduates with a record of outstanding professional achievement in one of three categories:
- Academic Achievement: For distinction in teaching, research and other scholarly pursuits.
- Achievement in Business: To recognize accomplishments in business or industry, including executive status, entrepreneurial success, and technical innovations and business practices.
- Achievement in Public Service: For outstanding service providing significant public benefits.
New and Streamlined Nomination Process
The committee also recommended simplifying the nomination process. It is now much easier to nominate someone. If you know of an Aggie College of Engineering alumnus who is deserving of recognition, please submit nominations using our online form. You may also download and mail the DEAM Nomination Form (PDF).
Questions regarding the Distinguished Engineering Alumni Medal should be directed to:
- 2016: Bill Ballhaus, Ahmed Darwish, Layton Han, Paul Johnson, Elizabeth Loboa, Iman Oskoorouchi
- 2015: Richard Corsi, Scott Maxwell, Carolyn Pura, Babak Taheri, Brian Underwood
- 2014: April Fallon, Scott Johnson, William Milliken, Elaine Scott, John Wasson
- 2013: Christine Gulbranson, Jeffrey C. Hoopes, Rose and Dave McCallen, Ted Odell, Earl Rennison, Humberto Rincon
- 2012: Diane Bryant, Richard Chuang, Ron McGehee, Brian Maroney, Michael Ward
- 2011: Alfred Chuang, Bryan Jenkins, David Kappos, Christopher Kane
- 2010: Tim Bucher, Jeffrey G. Canclini, Michael Chajes
- 2009: Howard Stone
- 2008: Pamela J. Fair
- 2007: W. Allen Marr
- 2006: Robert H. Davis
- 2005: Indira Samarasekara
- 2004: Jose J. Granda
- 2003: Richard Noble
- 2002: Richard Miller
- 2001: Arturo Lara Lopez
- 2000: Bruce West
- 1999: Karl Gerdes
- 1998: Stephen Robinson
- 1997: Giovannae Anderson
- 1996: Ross R. Allen
- 1995: Wilfred Brutsaert
- 1994: Roy Imbsen
- 1993: Frank Gill
- 1992: Lucas Dobrzanski
- 1991: William Gray
- 1990: Randall M. German
- 1989: William J. Porter