The Energy Graduate Group is designed to meet the world’s growing needs for highly qualified, thoughtful and dedicated leaders in sustainable energy systems. In addition to coursework and research, students interact with researchers and leaders from industry, government, public interest groups, and academia through seminars, internships, and visiting lectures.
- Admission Information
- Faculty Information
Graduate Group Coordinator
Graduate Program Coordinator
West Village, 1605 Tilia, Suite #100
Davis, CA 95616
Email Annemarie Schaaf
M.S. and Ph.D. https://programs.gs.ucdavis.edu/api/doc/3316
- Addresses energy systems broadly, with a focus on renewable energy, transportation fuels, and energy efficiency
- Offers rigorous, science-based degrees without the requirement of an engineering degree.
- Promotes interdisciplinary interaction among graduate students and faculty, and with energy and environmental professionals in industry and government.
- Large, world-renowned community of faculty and researchers engaged in energy research and teaching.
- UC Davis is located in close proximity to federal and state agencies, stakeholders and industries in the Sacramento and San Francisco Bay Areas—excellent sources of expertise and potential employment in energy-related fields.
- California is a global leader in energy efficiency, low-carbon vehicles and fuels, renewable energy, and grid storage.
Research Focus Areas
The EGG program offers two tracks of study:
- Energy Science & Technology
- Energy Policy & Management