Corporate-sponsored Senior Design Projects offer students the opportunity to work on practical real-world engineering problems while companies can gain a fresh look at a design or production issue. Small groups of student teams work on projects during the two-quarter (Fall/Winter or Winter/Spring) senior capstone course. While working on the project, students attend lectures, meet weekly with a faculty member to discuss their progress, and have access to extensive laboratory, computer, design studio, and prototype facilities. Companies can also elect assign a corporate contact to guide and aid the students through the project work. Completed projects are presented and put on display during the annual Senior Design Showcase event at UC Davis in June.
Several examples of recent projects include:
- Strawberry Robot Team: http://youtu.be/JEPbCn02o-4
- Sepsis Support for Google Glass: http://youtu.be/i9mwqxiWysI
- MALL-E: http://youtu.be/rloCGs7dZJQ
- CORe (Cadaver Organ Retrieval) Biopsy Device: http://youtu.be/Hwp22azxFVc
- Wounded Veteran Mobile Dog Kennel Team: http://youtu.be/2mbkD6n4wJ
- Fungi Finder Team: http://youtu.be/6DJ_th3O3T4
Contact us to propose a project for the next showcase event.