Director, Leadership in Engineering Advancement, Diversity and Retention (LEADR) Program
Tanya Whitlow has been involved in engineering student affairs for more than 25 years at UC Davis. She designed, developed, and directs the College of Engineering’s Leadership in Engineering Advancement, Diversity and Retention (LEADR) Program - a program with the mission to recruit, retain, and graduate, diverse student populations from the College of Engineering. Prior to LEADR she served as a retention coordinator and interim director of the UC Davis Mathematics, Engineering, Science Achievement (MESA) Minority Engineering Program and as a student affairs officer in the Engineering Dean's Office. Her desire to help students from historically underserved populations achieve and thrive through pursuit of higher education began before working at UC Davis - she also worked with Upward Bound at UC Berkeley and Success Through Collaboration, MESA's American Indian Program.
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, UC Davis
- Master of Education, Higher Education, Sacramento State University
- Martin Luther King Social Justice Award, African American Faculty and Staff Association (2013)
- Chancellor's Achievement Award for Diversity and Community (2014)
- Michele Dyke Humanitarian Award, UC Davis African Continuum (2019)