The Office of Research (OR) serves as the primary campus office for matters related to research, including:
- Review and acceptance of extramural research awards.
- Furthering research relationships with government and industry.
- Encouraging and assisting faculty in developing research and scholarly studies.
- Oversight of intramural research support.
- Functional responsibility for organized research units and projects.
- Management of certain research-related programs, instrumentation and facilities.
- Management of several UC Natural Reserve sites
- Review and approval of the use of human subjects and conflict of interest disclosures.
- Coordination of patenting and licensing of campus intellectual property.