The UC Davis College of Engineering will provide financial support to its faculty to aid in their success in securing grant funding. Two types of support are available:
1. Support for proposals and site visits that would have a broad impact on the college and/or involve multiple departments. Typically (exceptions are possible), these proposals would generate at least $1 million in COE research expenditures annually. Please see application instructions for more information.
2. Support for single investigator proposals and/or proposals that involve one department. Please see application instructions for more information.
In addition, the College of Engineering is pleased to provide further opportunities to support our faculty:
- Dean’s Collaborative Research Award (DECOR) is intended to catalyze novel and risky research proposals
- Meet Your Program Manager funds are available to support faculty visits to funding agencies
- Bridge Program funding to support faculty who have lost, or will lose, primary extramural funding. Offered in partnership with Office of Research.
- Speaker support funds are available to assist departments with inviting a prominent faculty speaker to campus – (Coming Soon)
- Nomination support funds are available to faculty who spearhead a nomination for a nomination for a UC Davis engineering colleague for an external major award and/or fellowship – (Coming Soon)
The UC Davis Academic Senate also provides travel grants to faculty for expenses for participation in research meetings to be undertaken between July 1, 2018, and June 30, 2019.
Submission of requests and all questions related to this financial assistance should be directed to Ricardo Castro, Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies, College of Engineering.