In-Person Tour Experience
We are pleased to offer in-person tours, conducted by Engineering Ambassadors, for prospective UC Davis students and visitors to explore the College of Engineering. Visitors will be able to tour engineering buildings/labs and interact directly with current engineering undergraduate students to learn more about the college and its programs. The tours will last approximately 90 minutes.
Tour stops include some of the college’s unique and renowned teaching and research areas:
- Center for Nano-MicroManufacturing
- Coffee Lab
- Engineering Student Design Center
- Student Start Up Center
We do not offer tours on weekends, during finals week, university holidays, campus closures, or summer. See the campus calendar for more information.
UC Davis offers general campus tours. To get the full UC Davis experience, we highly recommend scheduling both an engineering tour and a campus tour. To register for a general UC Davis campus tour, click here.
Individuals or Families (up to 15 people maximum per tour group)
During fall quarter 2019, tours will be offered at the following days/times.
- Friday, Oct. 11 from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 21 from 1:30-3 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 25 from 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 29 from 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. — TOUR FULL
- Friday, Nov. 1 from 1-2:30 p.m. — TOUR FULL
- Tuesday, Nov. 5 from 3:30-5 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 8 from 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. — TOUR FULL
- Thursday, Nov. 14 from 3-4:30 p.m. — TOUR FULL
- Monday, Nov. 18 from 1:30-3 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 19 from 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. — TOUR FULL
- Monday, Dec. 2 from 1:30-3 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 6 from 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
In order to secure your spot on a tour, please complete the sign-up form here.
If the date/time is marked “TOUR FULL,” no additional sign-ups will be accepted for this tour.
Tour sign-ups must be submitted at least 48 hours in advance to guarantee tour.
Large Groups (16 or more people)
If your tour group contains 16 or more people, please send a tour request via email to Molly Bechtel, Outreach and Engagement Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org a minimum of two weeks in advance.
If your tour group includes elementary or middle school students, please send a tour request via email to Molly Bechtel, Outreach and Engagement Coordinator, at email@example.com a minimum of two weeks in advance. Young students require significant adjustments to the tour content and staffing.
Virtual Tour Experience
If you aren’t able to join us in person, please check out the UC Davis campus from your computer! Check out the virtual tour, including several College of Engineering facilities.