Each year the Distinguished Engineering Alumni Medal recognizes alumni whose professional and personal achievements bring special honor to the College of Engineering.
- 10 or more years since graduation from the College.
- Record of outstanding achievement in any of the following areas: academia, business and public service. Nominations are not limited to these categories, but should recognize alumni with overall high distinction in their field.
- Distinguished service to the college, profession or the community.
The 2019 Distinguished Engineering Alumni Medal recipients will receive their medals at the College of Engineering Alumni Celebration on November 22, 2019 at UC Davis.
Distinguished Engineering Alumni Medalists
- 2018: JoeBen Bevirt, Cynthia Murphy-Ortega, Ken Ouimet
- 2017: Margie Evashenk, Katherine Ferrara, Brian Horsfield, Francis Lee, Adam Steltzner
- 2016: William L. Ballhaus, Ahmed M. Darwish, Layton S. Han, Paul C. Johnson, Elizabeth G. Loboa, Iman Oskoorouchi
- 2015: Richard Corsi, Scott Maxwell, Carolyn Pura, Babak Taheri, Brian Underwood
- 2014: April Fallon, Scott Johnson, William Milliken, Elaine Scott, John Wasson
- 2013: Christine Gulbranson, Jeffrey C. Hoopes, Rose and Dave McCallen, Ted Odell, Earl Rennison, Humberto Rincon
- 2012: Diane Bryant, Richard Chuang, Ron McGehee, Brian Maroney, Michael Ward
- 2011: Alfred Chuang, Bryan Jenkins, David Kappos, Christopher Kane
- 2010: Tim Bucher, Jeffrey G. Canclini, Michael Chajes
- 2009: Howard Stone
- 2008: Pamela J. Fair
- 2007: W. Allen Marr
- 2006: Robert H. Davis
- 2005: Indira Samarasekara
- 2004: Jose J. Granda
- 2003: Richard Noble
- 2002: Richard Miller
- 2001: Arturo Lara Lopez
- 2000: Bruce West
- 1999: Karl Gerdes
- 1998: Stephen Robinson
- 1997: Giovannae Anderson
- 1996: Ross R. Allen
- 1995: Wilfred Brutsaert
- 1994: Roy Imbsen
- 1993: Frank Gill
- 1992: Lucas Dobrzanski
- 1991: William Gray
- 1990: Randall M. German
- 1989: William J. Porter