Distinguished Engineering Alumni Medal
2018 DEAM Recipients and Friends | Pictured (left to right): Chemical Engineering Department Chair Roland Faller, Cynthia Murphy-Ortega ’91, Associate Dean for Facilities and Capital Planning C.P. “Case” van Dam, JoeBen Bevirt ’95, Ken Ouimet ’90, and Dean Jennifer Sinclair Curtis
Each year the Distinguished Engineering Alumni Medal recognizes alumni whose professional and personal achievements bring special honor to the College of Engineering.
These annual awards recognize outstanding UC Davis College of Engineering alumni who meet the following criteria:
- 10 or more years since graduation from the College.
- Record of outstanding achievement in any of the following areas: academia, business and public service. Nominations are not limited to these categories, but should recognize alumni with overall high distinction in their field.
- Distinguished service to the college, profession or the community.
The nomination form requires:
- Nominator name and contact information
- Nominee name and details, including degree(s), graduation year(s), and other academic information
- Statements of support, including description and examples of:
- Professional and technical achievements in academia, business, and/or public service (2000 character limit)
- Service to UC Davis, the College of Engineering, the engineering profession, and/or the community (2000 character limit)
If available, you may also submit a link to the nominee’s LinkedIn page.
Deadline: Nomination forms must be submitted by Monday, April 1, 2019.
If you know of UC Davis College of Engineering alumni who are deserving of recognition, please submit nominations using the online form, or print and mail or email to:
Engineering Dean’s Office
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
The 2019 College of Engineering Alumni Reception will take place at UC Davis in fall 2019.
The 2018 Distinguished Engineering Alumni Medal recipients received their medals at the College of Engineering Alumni Celebration from 6 – 9 p.m. on October 26, 2018 at the Mondavi Center.
Distinguished Engineering Alumni Medalists
- 2018: JoeBen Bevirt, Cynthia Murphy-Ortega, Ken Ouimet
- 2017: Margie Evashenk, Katherine Ferrara, Brian Horsfield, Francis Lee, Adam Steltzner
- 2016: William L. Ballhaus, Ahmed M. Darwish, Layton S. Han, Paul C. Johnson, Elizabeth G. Loboa, Iman Oskoorouchi
- 2015: Richard Corsi, Scott Maxwell, Carolyn Pura, Babak Taheri, Brian Underwood
- 2014: April Fallon, Scott Johnson, William Milliken, Elaine Scott, John Wasson
- 2013: Christine Gulbranson, Jeffrey C. Hoopes, Rose and Dave McCallen, Ted Odell, Earl Rennison, Humberto Rincon
- 2012: Diane Bryant, Richard Chuang, Ron McGehee, Brian Maroney, Michael Ward
- 2011: Alfred Chuang, Bryan Jenkins, David Kappos, Christopher Kane
- 2010: Tim Bucher, Jeffrey G. Canclini, Michael Chajes
- 2009: Howard Stone
- 2008: Pamela J. Fair
- 2007: W. Allen Marr
- 2006: Robert H. Davis
- 2005: Indira Samarasekara
- 2004: Jose J. Granda
- 2003: Richard Noble
- 2002: Richard Miller
- 2001: Arturo Lara Lopez
- 2000: Bruce West
- 1999: Karl Gerdes
- 1998: Stephen Robinson
- 1997: Giovannae Anderson
- 1996: Ross R. Allen
- 1995: Wilfred Brutsaert
- 1994: Roy Imbsen
- 1993: Frank Gill
- 1992: Lucas Dobrzanski
- 1991: William Gray
- 1990: Randall M. German
- 1989: William J. Porter