Each year the Distinguished Engineering Alumni Medal recognizes alumni whose professional and personal achievements bring special honor to the College of Engineering.
- 10 or more years since graduation from the College.
- Record of outstanding achievement in any of the following areas: academia, business and public service. Nominations are not limited to these categories, but should recognize alumni with overall high distinction in their field.
- Distinguished service to the college, profession or the community.
The nomination form requires nominators to submit:
- Nominator name and contact information
- Nominee name and details, including degree(s), graduation year(s), and other academic information
- Statements of support, including description and examples of:
- Professional and technical achievements in academia, business, and/or public service (2000 character limit)
- Service to UC Davis, the College of Engineering, the engineering profession, and/or the community (2000 character limit)
If available, you may also submit a link to the nominee’s LinkedIn page.
Nomination packets must be submitted by Wednesday, April 15, 2020.
If you know of UC Davis College of Engineering alumni who are deserving of recognition, please submit nominations using the online form, or print and mail or email to:
College of Engineering Dean’s Office
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
2019 Distinguished Engineering Alumni Medalists
Learn more about the 2019 medal recipients here. The 2019 Distinguished Engineering Alumni Medal recipients received their medals at the College of Engineering Alumni Celebration on November 22, 2019 at UC Davis.
- Kimberly Budil, M.S. ’88 and Ph.D. ’94, applied science
- Dennis Discher ’86, mechanical engineering
- Deborah Frincke, M.S. ’89 and Ph.D. ’92, computer science
- Michael Hurlston ’88, electrical engineering, and M.S. ’91, engineering
- Robert Kiss ’84, chemical engineering
- John Maroney ’75, mechanical engineering
- Shelten Yuen ’01, electrical engineering
Past Distinguished Engineering Alumni Medalists
- 2018: JoeBen Bevirt, Cynthia Murphy-Ortega, Ken Ouimet
- 2017: Margie Evashenk, Katherine Ferrara, Brian Horsfield, Francis Lee, Adam Steltzner
- 2016: William L. Ballhaus, Ahmed M. Darwish, Layton S. Han, Paul C. Johnson, Elizabeth G. Loboa, Iman Oskoorouchi
- 2015: Richard Corsi, Scott Maxwell, Carolyn Pura, Babak Taheri, Brian Underwood
- 2014: April Fallon, Scott Johnson, William Milliken, Elaine Scott, John Wasson
- 2013: Christine Gulbranson, Jeffrey C. Hoopes, Rose and Dave McCallen, Ted Odell, Earl Rennison, Humberto Rincon
- 2012: Diane Bryant, Richard Chuang, Ron McGehee, Brian Maroney, Michael Ward
- 2011: Alfred Chuang, Bryan Jenkins, David Kappos, Christopher Kane
- 2010: Tim Bucher, Jeffrey G. Canclini, Michael Chajes
- 2009: Howard Stone
- 2008: Pamela J. Fair
- 2007: W. Allen Marr
- 2006: Robert H. Davis
- 2005: Indira Samarasekara
- 2004: Jose J. Granda
- 2003: Richard Noble
- 2002: Richard Miller
- 2001: Arturo Lara Lopez
- 2000: Bruce West
- 1999: Karl Gerdes
- 1998: Stephen Robinson
- 1997: Giovannae Anderson
- 1996: Ross R. Allen
- 1995: Wilfred Brutsaert
- 1994: Roy Imbsen
- 1993: Frank Gill
- 1992: Lucas Dobrzanski
- 1991: William Gray
- 1990: Randall M. German
- 1989: William J. Porter