Engineering Design Showcase
June 6 at 1-4 p.m., University Credit Union Center
The Engineering Design Showcase is the culminating experience for graduating seniors. A senior design experience is required for all students in an engineering major. Teams complete a capstone project in which they design and prototype a product, device, process or software system. This event brings together project teams from all eight departments for an opportunity to share student designs with the public.
Industry partners and alumni are invited to attend and serve as evaluators. Evaluators provide expert feedback to student teams on their exhibits and project demonstrations. Evaluator registration will launch soon.
- The 2024 showcase will be hosted in person on June 6, 2024, from 1-4 p.m. in the University Credit Union Center.
- The in-person showcase is open to members of the public.
- We are going paperless! All evaluations will be submitted online, so be prepared with a smartphone, tablet or other preferred device.
Please contact the Engineering Dean's Office by phone (530) 752-1979 or email email@example.com.
Questions regarding serving as an evaluator at the Engineering Design Showcase may be directed to the College of Engineering by phone (530) 400-3213 or via email.
We invite industry partners and UC Davis College of Engineering alumni who would like to see first-hand the work of our students to join us as evaluators. As part of your attendance, you will be asked to provide specific feedback to a small number of teams on their communication skills, design process, demo, prototype and more. We hope to provide students with an opportunity to practice “pitching” their ideas in a setting similar to what they will find during their careers.
Questions regarding serving as an evaluator at the Engineering Design Showcase may be directed to the College of Engineering via email.
As an evaluator, you will be asked to provide specific feedback to a small number of teams. We appreciate the time and effort evaluators will share with our budding engineers. Evaluations for the 2024 Engineering Design Showcase will be done via online form.
FAQ for Evaluators
- Is there a live portion of the showcase?
- Yes, this year, evaluators can attend in person and interact live with the teams from 1-4 p.m. at the UC Davis University Credit Union Center.
- Will I be assigned teams to evaluate?
- Yes. As in previous years, evaluators will be assigned teams to review. In making assignments, we will do our best to accommodate evaluators’ preferred area(s) of focus.
- Can I check out other teams that I’ve not be assigned to?
- Yes! Evaluators are encouraged to review other teams’ materials once their assigned evaluations are complete.
Engineering students enrolled in a senior design course or who participate on a design project/team are eligible to participate in this event. Specific information about presenting during this event will be distributed through course instructors or advisers. Additional details about event logistics will be emailed to team members in spring quarter. The Dean’s Office will cover the cost of one poster printing for participating teams.
Only one person from each design team should complete the form. This person will be designated the team lead for contact regarding poster printing and team assignments.
The showcase is not a competition. There is, however, an embedded competition for the Sandia Engineering Design Award at UC Davis. This is only applicable to projects that fall within the award specifications. Please check the details of the 2023 Sandia Engineering Design Award Informational slides. You can find resources to help you structure your report.
Resources for Students
Please see this repository for support writing an abstract and poster design for the Engineering Design Showcase.