Welcome to the College of Engineering! The academic advisors in the Engineering Undergraduate Office are dedicated to helping international students throughout their studies at UC Davis and are currently available through online advising appointments.
Your International Academic Advisor can assist you with:
- Degree and General Education requirements
- Course planning
- How to Change Majors
- Academic policies, regulations and petitions
- Options if you are having academic difficulty
- Advising holds that prevent course registration
- How the University grading system works and classroom expectations
- Transfer credit for Out-of-State courses, AP/IB credit, A-level exams, etc.
- Resources on campus and any question about academics at UC Davis
Mandatory Advising Appointments
In addition to annual advising appointments with their program/major advisor, all first-year international students have mandatory advising Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters. These meetings are required, and a registration hold will be placed on your account if you fail to attend these advising sessions. They are designed to give you a chance to ask questions and to provide you with the information and resources you need to be successful and reach your goals at UC Davis. Please visit appointments.ucdavis.edu (select “Engineering Undergraduate Office”) to schedule your quarterly appointment.
NOTE: Your program/major advisor will not remove your international holds.
Transfer students do not have mandatory advising appointments in addition to their major advising, but can make appointments with the advisors in the Engineering Undergraduate Office.
We also encourage you to use OASIS, the Online Advising Student Information System. Here you can find information specific to you, including:
- Student Information
- Important Dates and Appointments
- Drop deadlines and Pass/No Pass deadlines
- Academic Record
- Courses (including transfer coursework)
- General Education requirements you have completed
- GPA Charts and Tools
Questions? Email email@example.com to contact Jordan Dade, international academic advisor for the College of Engineering.